Mountain bike is the right type of bike for those who can’t imagine their life without long trips out of the city. The area may be absolutely different and the issues you may get can be really challenging. If you are riding at the wet or loose soil, go to the unpaved paths and roads, then mountain bike will be the best choice for you. It’s made to deal with such difficulties and its main purpose is to make your riding easy.
Modern market suggests so many good mountain bikes all over the world. The diversity of mountain bikes may be confusing especially for those who buy it for the first time and go through difficult times of choosing the right one. The general definition “mountain bike” includes such types as cross-country bike, trail, downhill, enduro, dirt jump bike, fat bike, singlespeed and electric mountain bike.
Due to the similarity in technologies used for the construction of every mountain bike one of the main criteria is its price. Our mission is to prove you that it’s very much possible to buy the best mountain bike without paying too much for it.
Best mountain bikes under 1000
The price for the best cheap mountain bike may be impressively low. If you are a newer in this question then you need to know some necessary things and details about best mountain bikes for beginners before making your choice. Cheap mountain bikes have basic set of details which allow you to enjoy completely riding out of the city. This is how you can do that. Read carefully information about the price of each bike first, then choose the one you are most interested in and compare the technical specifications. This will be the best way to make sure you spend your money for the best mountain bike.
The best cheap mountain bikes cost starting with 299 USA dollars. In the table below you can learn the information about top-5 best mountain bikes under 1000.
|Brand||Wheel Size||Material type||Speed||Price|
|Diamondback Mountain Bike||26 inch||aluminium||18|
|OPATER MTB Bike ||29 inch||сarbon steel||24|
|Mongoose Men's Malus Fat Tire Bicycle||26 inch||steel||7|
|Huffy Bicycle Company Men's Alpine Bike||29 inch||Carbon steel||18|
Find what is the best mountain bike
Huffy Boys Alpine Bike is a creation of the company with 125-years history. Traditions and innovations are working together in order to represent a beautiful and multi-functional bike. Huffy boys build their bikes following their own special instruction that includes such components like inspiration, amusement, fun, love and safety. Their bikes are made especially for kids who just learn to ride.
In addition, Huffy is a brand that provides you with all the necessary accessories for your bike: from bags and baskets to the all kinds of tubes, tires and wheels.
With Huffy Boys Alpine Bike you get:
- 18-speed twist shifting;
- Durable steel frame;
- Easy assembly;
- tires with alloy black rims;
- recommended for kids from 12 y.o.;
- easy riding in the wood, on the trails, in the mountains;
- low price for the first high-quality bike for the children.
Mongoose Men's Malus Fat Tire Bicycle is a significant player. Once you take a look at it you see a bike that will definitely help you to overcome different hummocks and issues on the road. To ride in the mountain is never easy, so this bicycle thanks to it fat tires can get you out of any trouble you may get in.
Mongoose’s experts know what they are doing: 40 years of experience helps them to create a really hard-working machine named Men’s Malus Bicycle. The motto of the company is to go through any limits and reach the goal meaning to ease your riding as much as possible.
With Mongoose Men’s Malus Fat Tire Bicycle you get:
- 26” X 4″ knobby tires;
- Wheel set with front and rear disc brakes;
- Shimano 7 speed gear shifter;
- Steel frame;
- Works perfect for any terrain including the beach;
- Good value for the price.
OPATER Mountain Bike 26 is a high-performed bicycle that will ride you safely both on the mountain roads and off. OPATER is aware how to impress with comfort and speed on the trails. Comfort is provided by compact size, the rear derailleurs and smooth disc brakes. They use top-quality components to build this bike and you will easily realize it as soon as assemble it and adjust every detail.
With OPATER Mountain Bike 26″ you get:
- Sea-post with micro suspension;
- Sturdy frame and carbon fork;
- You can easily carry it and take into the bus;
- Recommended for riders with min 160 cm height;
- Additional accessories: tool kit set, a mini-bike pump, front tube double bag that includes reflective strip;
- Takes a little space in the garage or even apartment;
- Can be used for everyday life;
- Premium quality of the product.
Merax Finiss Mountain Bike is a product of a young company that is specialized in bikes for mountain and road riding. They suggest choosing among different sizes, colors, styles, for any gender. What differs Merax brand from others is a desire to keep the low price but provide every bike with high quality. They are doing great job as this bike has got a reputation of a great 4-star product.
With Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike you get:
- Lightweight aluminum frame;
- A chance to select a color – classic, fashion and style;
- 21-speed Derailleurs and Shifters by Shimano that guarantee reliable shifting;
- Disc brakes – front and rear;
- Suspension fork of 80mm is responsible for the smooth bumps;
- It comes 85% assembled and you will not need any additional tools to adjust the pedals, handlebar and front wheel. Tires are flat.
Diamondback is a premium quality bike. It’s main advantages are strength and classic look. The bike is fully equipped so you will not have any problems with riding off road, in the backwoods, in the dunes or on rocky paths. It comes as Unisex and will look great both in man’s woman’s garage.
With Diamondback Bicycles El Oso De Acero Fat Mountain Bike you get:
- Durable and lightweight steel frame and fork;
- 9-speed shifter and mechanical disc brakes by Shimano;
- Made in 3 sizes: S – 16”, M – 18” and L – 20” with height guide for each;
- Fashionable look as for the fat bike;
- Traction on the hills and loose gravel;
- Easy to assemble despite it’s pretty heavy;
- Comfortable saddle.
Do you know how to choose your best mountain bike
Once you decide how much your mountain bike should cost, choose the best one for you with help of criteria which show the quality and the benefits of the bike. The criteria that users usually search for are:
- wheel size
- brand as usually we start looking for a product after we heard of some good examples and reading some reviews about this or that brand
- suspension type: front, full or none
- frame material type: aluminium, steel or carbon
- number of gears that starts with 1 speed and up to 30 speeds
- the brake type: disc, linear, caliper, cantilever
- the general bike weight that goes from under 15 pounds and may reach 35 pounds and more
Advantages and disadvantages of mountain bikes
Mountain bikes are designed to make your riding in mountains or the downhills as comfortable and easy as possible. The main advantages of the mountain bike are wider wheel and a size of the framework: it allows your body to feel less tension and pressure as you may spare on the frame. Besides, knobby tires provide more comfort thanked to better absorption of vibration, better climbing, control, acceleration and traction.
Let’s check positive and negative sides of that bikes:
However, there is one main disadvantage that mountain bike has – its weight. The mountain bike is always heavier than road bike or hybrid. This heavy weight demands more body power to pedal and climb the mountains or the hills.