Hybrid bike – a great compromise for you
Hybrid bike combines the features of both, mountain and road bike. You may think such bike with the best technical characteristics will cost too much but you make a big mistake. A hybrid bike is not perfect, it’s just something upgraded, a compromise between the mountain and road bike. The best hybrid bike has bigger wheel than the road bike which allows you to feel more comfortable on the roads in the city. It’s made of lighter material than a mountain bike, therefore, it’s more vulnerable to the obstacles you meet while riding. It’s not as fast as the road bike and it’s not as robust as the mountain bike. It has more comfortable riding position which is a plus but it also leads to dragging which decreases the speed and makes you work harder in terms while pedaling. What you can be sure about while using the hybrid bike is that you can take it to the countryside and you will not be stuck on the wet paths. You will also feel comfortable using a hybrid in the city riding in the streets.
Choose the best cheap hybrid bike
We suggest you take a look at the top hybrid bikes which are affordable for everyone. Compare the one you like with any kind of mountain and road bike and make up your mind.
|Brand||Product Name||Frame Sizes||Speed||Price|
|Critical Cycles City Coaster Commuter Bicycle||M||3|
|Head Revive L 700C||XSM, XSL, M, L||24|
|Diamondback Insight||XS, S, M, L||7|
|Raleigh Cadent 1 Urban Fitness Bike||S, M, L, XL||7|
|Giordano G7||M, L||21|
let’s make a deep review of the top best hybrid bike:
is doomed for a success among ladies. It’s a hand-build bike colored into elegant but bright colors combined with a steel mixte step-thru frame. City Coaster bike can be easily used for a road or mountain trip, goes smooth through the water and the terrain.
Why do you need it?
- This bike is compact, not too high, with a double top tube that gives less pressure to the seat.
- The saddle and the grip are both covered with faux leather.
- This bike is one of the most comfortable ones as it has internal 3-speed hub which allows you to be concentrated on the road when you need to shift the speed.
- It has 700x32c puncture resistant tires made by professionals from Kenda Kwest.
- The tyres have Presta valves. It’s easy and fast to put all details together without just a few tools, nothing else to buy for it.
is made to become the best of the best as it has a high value. Stylish, lightweight, special design of the frame that allows feeling more comfortable both, on the road and in the country, with a wide choice for male and female versions. It goes smooth, the shifting is fast and easy, riding is quiet. It’s a 5-star bike according to the reviews of the most owners.
Why will you love it?
- Aluminum rims in 700C and Tire CST Semi-Sleek 700 x 32C;
- Smart system of saddle speeds;
- M-310 Shifters made by Shimano;
- Male frame is 18-22 inch, female 17-21 inch;
- Perfect even for children.
is made of a stainless steel and looks like an iron horse that will be useful in any situation on the road. You will like it if you appreciate smooth ride and perfect system of shifting. On the road, in the park or on the trail its role is still the same: no problem with going through any issues fast and easy. High gears demand little more efforts but the acceleration is smooth. The owners with experience and those who buy their first bike give Diamondback Insight 2 four stars and more.
Why do you need it?
- Perfect technical marks like Shimano 21-speed shifters and Altus Derailleurs, 700C tires with Presta valves;
- Solid frame;
- Eyelets on the frame in order to make front and back fenders easy;
- Perfect quality for a budget price.
belongs the most comfortable bikes with a geometrical shape. It has a proper upright position of the handlebars that makes riding in the city streets or on the trails both perfect. It has a pretty stylish sportive design, desired by boys and girls with no difference. Raleigh Cadent 1 is a rare bike that has got mostly 5 stars from all those who have ever bought it.
Why do you need it?
- Safe ride thanks to 700C double wall wheels;
- 21-speed shifter;
- Big 35C tires are good for path ride or urban pavements;
- Perfect support and maintenance with help of online chats, video library and official website;
- A wide range of sizes: from S 5’3 till XL 6’4 inch.
is built in two sizes – M and L. This index shows that the bike is perfect for people with height more than average. It has got a handcraft aluminum frame and perfect upright position, so it looks very classy and opportune on the streets waiting while you are buying coffee or in the countryside on the hills. With Giordano G7 you will get a devoted friend that is built to make your ride effortless and smooth. The only time you need to take some efforts is to ride on higher gear in the mountains, through the dirt. Both, beginners and experienced riders, give this bike 5 stars.
Why do you need it?
- Lightweight with aluminum frame;
- Shimano 21-speed Revo Shifters and Front/Rear Derailleur;
- 700C strong wheels, 35 inch tires;
- Adjustable riser stem;
- Suspension seat post.
Criteria for hybrid bike – the main key to make the right choice
Here is the guidance for you to choose the best hybrid bike. Pay attention to every option to get what you want for the best price:
- frame material
- wheel size
- packaging option
It does not matter what kind of bike you are going to buy we strongly recommend you to learn the information about each of them. What for?
First, you will have a pretty good idea about the difference between bikes and will realize why you can’t use only one of them for every purpose you have: why the material is lighter or heavier or why the wheel is small, medium or large. Second, you will make a choice that will not disappoint you a few days later after the first riding.
Differences between hybrid and road bikes
In conclusion, we decided to resume what are differences between 2 main and the most widespread types of bikes as road bikes and hybrid bikes. We avoid such clusterization as women bikes because characteristics will stay the same.
- Weight. Hybrid bike has more optimized construction and will weigh more. In construction are used heavy chunky frames and wheels.
- Geometry. The seating position on the hybrids is more upright comparing with the sportive-type road bikes. It is considered that road bikes have more relaxed and comfortable upright position. If you are planning to ride long distances comfortable position is a very necessary criterion, also, you have to reduce wind, weather conditions, road problems which help you ride faster. You can do it only with a comfortable position. About saddle in hybrids: they are stable and no modified.
- Drop handlebars. The difference which attracts from the first seeing. There are three hand positions on a road bike: on the brake hoods; in the drops; ‘climbing mode’ (in the middle of the bars). Though you have more flexibility and to stay longer in a comfortable position.
- Components & Materials. It is totally a cheese in a trap if you find high completion hybrid bike and an equivalently-priced road bike. Be careful all the components have to be of a lower quality.
- Gearing. The gears on a road bike, mainly for sportive riders, to make Leith Hill and Box Hill as painless. Hybrids are for city riding. Their gearing for flat riding.